Department/DivisionExecutive / Marketing
Supervision Received FromDevelopment Director
Plans, manages and executes marketing, advertising, communications, and public involvement and community relations efforts to increase usage of Agency services and raise awareness of the value of Intercity Transit. Other responsibilities include serving as the Agency’s primary spokesperson to the news media, directing Agency market research; overseeing customer information efforts and Agency publications; directing Agency programs with employers, schools and community partners.
Performs the most complex, professional marketing, communications and outreach activities and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong public image for the Agency. The position reports to the Development Director and supervises professional and support staff. As a Manager, is responsible and accountable for the marketing and communications function.
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Media relations principles and practices;
- Journalism principles and practices;
- Public information principles and practices;
- Program management principles;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Graphic design, prints production, and web publishing principles and practices.
- Monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Writing and editing a variety of materials such as news releases and business communications;
- Preparing publications and reports;
- Applying creative thinking;
- Managing projects;
- Preparing and giving oral presentations;
- Facilitating meetings;
- Managing media relations;
- Market research and data analysis principles and practices;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Washington Driver’s License.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role
Positions in this class typically require: talking, hearing, and seeing. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field and five years of experience in marketing and public relations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.