Supervision Received FromGeneral Manager (Chief Executive Officer)
Plans, organizes and directs long range and service planning; marketing, communications and community outreach efforts; grants; procurement; vehicle and facilities inventory; and the development and management of major agency projects.
As a Department Head, is held responsible and accountable for providing strategic planning, direction, goals and objectives in developing departmental policy, budgets, operation and staffing. The Development Director reports directly to the General Manager and serves as a member of the Senior Management Team. As a Director, is responsible for administering a major line of business for Intercity Transit.
- Management principles and practices;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Principles and practices of transit/transportation planning, service development, public engagement, procurement, project management, and federal transit grant requirements and administration;
- Marketing and communications and public relations theories and principles;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Public speaking
- The ability to work productively and positively with colleagues at all levels;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills;
- Monitoring, evaluating, coaching and leading staff;
- Applying contract, grant, and other administrative limitations to project activities;
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Managing major development projects;
- Coordinating activities with external agencies and internal departments;
- Conducting oneself with a high degree of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy;
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail, time management, a proven ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Adapting to the needs of the organization and employees;.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or related software; demonstrated proficiency with GIS mapping applications; experience with transit planning/scheduling software applications.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: talking, hearing, and seeing.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, General Business Administration, Planning, Transportation or a related field, and
- Seven years of progressively responsible supervisory/management level experience in planning and development.
- OR -
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.