Become a Walk N Roll Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a Walk N Roll volunteer, please complete our online volunteer application. After we receive your application, we will send you an invitation to complete a background check. We require all volunteers to pass a background check.
Walk N Roll volunteers contribute to the creation of a safe and respectful learning environment by agreeing to follow these guidelines:
- We respect people’s background and identities, including their names and pronouns.
- We allow everyone to learn about bikes and tools at their own pace.
- We ask for permission before working on someone’s project or taking their tools.
- We clean and return all tools to their proper place at the end of each session.
- We ask for help when we need it.
- We communicate any problems to staff.
Bike Shop Volunteer
At the Walk N Roll Bike Shop, volunteers learn and practice bicycle mechanic skills while refurbishing donated bikes. These bikes are then used to support Walk N Roll’s bicycle education programs. All skill levels are welcome, and no bike mechanic experience is necessary. After applying, new volunteers attend a shop orientation on the first Saturday of the month 1 to 3 p.m. Regular volunteer hours are Wednesday 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bicycle Education Class Assistant
Volunteer Class Assistants support Walk N Roll’s bike education classes. Volunteers provide a variety of support such as: setting-up/cleaning-up class materials and supplies, assisting with instruction, and chaperoning students on group bicycle rides. Volunteer Class Assistants need to be experienced bicyclists who are comfortable riding on city streets with traffic.
Special Event Volunteers
Volunteers help at bike fest events and with installing traffic gardens. Learn more about these events on our bicycle education page.