Department/DivisionExecutive / Marketing
Supervision Received FromMarketing, Communications and Outreach Manager
Performs support activities related to marketing, rider and public transit informational materials, and service brochures. Other responsibilities include assisting with marketing and agency promotions, maintaining onbus communication materials, assisting with, participating in, and representing the agency in organizational and community events.
As a Representative performs specialized and specific support activities related to marketing and requiring knowledge of marketing and communications principles and processes. Work is performed within general parameters.
- Marketing principles and practices;
- Public relations principles;
- Communications principles;
- Basic graphic design principles;
- Basic website and social media principles;
- Promotional material development methods;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local law
- Initiating and maintaining contacts within the community and industry;
- Preparing and distributing promotional materials;
- Speaking in public;
- Writing, editing, and proofreading documents;
- Prioritizing work and managing multiple requests for information;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Washington Driver’s License.
Must pass a Washington State Patrol and/or other applicable background check.
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
Associate Degree and three years of marketing and communication support or transportation experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.