Department/DivisionExecutive / Marketing
Supervision Received FromMarketing, Communications and Outreach Manager
Coordinate and administer Intercity Transit’s youth education program. Works with k-12 students, educators, school administrators, parents, non-profit organizations, and local program coordinators within Thurston County to encourage youth and families to bike, walk, and use transit.
Performs specialized support to the Marketing, Communications & Outreach (MCO) youth-related education and outreach program activities. Collaborates with Youth Education Assistant and other MCO staff on youth-related activities. Work is performed within general parameters.
- Computers and basic software applications;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Project administration principles and practices;
- Basic Marketing and Communications principles and practices;
- Basic promotional material development methods;
- Collaboration and team building practices;
- Educational outreach to elementary, middle, and high school students;
- Knowledge about sustainable transportation, community development, and physical education programs;
- English language, grammar, and punctuation;
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination.
- Safe biking practices
- Basic bike riding;
- Public speaking and presenting;
- Ability to work with youth, the public, educators, and a wide-range of stakeholders;
- Initiating and maintaining contacts within the community and industry;
- Preparing and distributing educational and promotional materials;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Prioritizing work and performing multiple tasks;
- Establishing and meeting project timelines;
- Monitoring and coordinating volunteers;
- Ability to safely operate program van and trailer;
- Compiling and distributing data, materials and information;
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with K-12 youth, coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- WA state driver’s license.
- Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Physical Work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. Requires walking up to 2 (two) miles and biking of 5-20 miles on occasion.
Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree.
- Three years marketing, communications, and transportation experience, or specialized certificate training in marketing, communications, environmental studies, bicycle mechanics or riding safety, education, or related field.
- At least one year working with middle-school aged youth.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.