Supervision Received FromMaintenance Administrative Assistant
Supervises, plans, organizes, trains, mentors, and monitors fleet and facility cleaning, and complex mechanical, electrical and computerized repair activities for all agency vehicles, facilities and equipment. Position is responsible for ensuring servicing and repairs meet manufacturer, Department of Transportation and Federal guidelines/regulations and recommended practices; plans, organizes and supervises the maintenance and repairs of all facilities, grounds, park and ride lots, bus shelters, and bus stops in service area, as well as the Agency’s fleet; assists with compliance of State, Federal and local environmental and facility safety programs; assists in the development of short and long term fleet and facilities goals and work programs; and assists in budget development.
Supervises semi-skilled and skilled fleet and facilities staff and the daily operations of a fleet and facilities maintenance shop. This position performs complex, professional maintenance related activities. The position reports to the Director of Fleet and Facilities Maintenance.
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and environmental and safety regulations;
- Maintenance standards and procedures; mechanical systems, equipment, and tool operations.
- Technical writing principles;
- Report writing techniques;
- Effective employee communication methods;
- Effective training practices, assessment and evaluation tools.
- Budgeting principles;
- Project management principles;
- Building codes and fire and safety codes;
- Applicable chemical properties.
- Effectively monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Classroom presentation;
- Ability to work varied and non-traditional hours and shifts;
- Conducting research and preparing reports;
- Maintaining logs and records;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings;
- Writing technical specifications;
- Conflict resolution techniques;
- Customer service principles;
- Communicating technical concepts to varied audiences;
- Basic risk management principles;
- Operate variety of office machines, computer hardware and software;
- Blood borne pathogens protocols; first aid/first responder, AED training;
- Testing and operating applicable vehicles, tools and equipment;
- Interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form;
- Writing plans and procedures, and preparing reports;
- Completing regulatory reports;
- Reviewing the purchase of chemicals for environmental impact;
- Inspecting the work of contractors for adherence to specifications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must be able to obtain within specified time frame:
- WA Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement and Air Brake Restriction lifted;
- Forklift Certification;
- First Aid Certification.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, work space restrictions, intense noises and travel. May be subject to outdoor work environment with adverse conditions such as freezing temperatures or snow. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree in a related field.
- Five years of increasingly responsible maintenance experience and training.
- Journey Level maintenance experience preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.