Department/DivisionMaintenance / Facilities Maintenance
Supervision Received FromFacilities Manager
Performs a variety of tasks related to maintaining multiple stops and zones on Agency routes, including multiple shelters, park and ride lots, transit centers, and other passenger amenities owned or operated by the Agency.
Perform manual labor and semi-skilled maintenance activities in support of the facilities function. Incumbents are Specialists and perform technical duties related to facilities maintenance
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Biohazards, toxic substances, and related protective measures;
- Landscape maintenance methods;
- Basic maintenance methods and techniques;
- Safety practices and procedures;
- Irrigation systems and related maintenance practices;
- Customer Service principles.
- Operating applicable power tools and equipment, pressure washers, sweeper, forklift, agency vehicles;
- Assembling/Constructing structures;
- Reading and interpreting a variety of documents;
- Performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Repairing, replacing, installing, cleaning, and structures and signage;
- Maintaining records;
- Basic computer operations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Washington Driver’s License.
Must be able to obtain:
- Department of Transportation Flagger Certification;
- Forklift Certification;
- State of Washington Pesticide Applicator License;
- Burlington North Santa Fe Railway Access Certification.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises. Indoor/outdoor work environment in adverse weather conditions including freezing weather and snow. Exposed to work conditions/environments with possible hazards/situational challenges at times due to working in rights-of-way/blocking traffic.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Training and Experience:
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and two years of experience performing semi-skilled facilities and/or grounds maintenance activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.