Acts as initial contact for the maintenance office and performs a variety of administrative, clerical, and data entry duties in support of the Fleet & Facilities Maintenance divisions.
Performs administrative support for the Fleet & Facilities Maintenance division. As an Assistant, primarily performs specialized and routine tasks of a support nature requiring knowledge of several departments, department activities, policies, and general office processes and procedures. Work performed is within general parameters.
- Customer service and public relations principles;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- General filing and recordkeeping principles and procedures;
- Intermediate mathematical concepts;
- Travel planning practices;
- English language, grammar, and punctuation;
- Telephone etiquette;
- Using computers and working with related software applications;
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Using modern office equipment;
- Performing routine mathematical calculations;
- Providing exemplary customer service;
- Performing multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Reading and accurately interpreting documents;
- Performing basic research, analyzing data and information, and developing, evaluating, and presenting recommendations;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- None Required.
- Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
- Associates Degree;
- Three years of increasingly responsible administrative support experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.