Department/DivisionOperations / Dial-A-Lift
Supervision Received FromDial-A-Lift Manager
Supervises the daily activities of Dial-A-Lift operations. Technical responsibilities include certification of clients for Dial-A-Lift service
Supervises DAL operations including Travel Training services, monitoring staff performance and work. Program activities are of a professional level and require specialized knowledge of pertinent local, State and Federal rules, regulations and laws governing paratransit services.
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- ADA guidelines.
- Monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Preparing reports;
- Maintaining logs and records;
- Using applicable hand tools;
- Preparing schedules and routes;
- Providing customer service;
- Facilitating training sessions;
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence and reports;
- Giving presentations;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor and the public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree in a related field and four years of related or transit experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.