Manages the daily operations of fixed route transportation services. Provides dispatch, radio communications, and on-the-road guidance to Operations Supervisors and indirectly to Coach and Van Operators to provide service to customers.
Manages the day-to-day operations of fixed route transportation services. As a Manager, supervises Operations Supervisors and oversees transit operators.
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Project management principles;
- Transit principles and practices;
- Investigative principles and practices.
- Monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Preparing reports;
- Planning and review of existing and future transit facilities;
- Managing contracts;
- Coordinating security measures;
- Responding to employee injury and motor vehicle accident scenes;
- Writing reports and business correspondence;
- Managing projects;
- Managing transit operations;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsement.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation or related field and five years of experience in transportation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.