Supervision Received FromFixed Route Manager
Supervises the daily activities of transportation operations. Responsibilities include providing dispatch, radio communications, and on-the-road guidance to Coach and Van Operators. Monitors vehicle operation and driver performance and schedules operator relief work assignments.
Supervises Coach and Van Operators and day-to-day transportation operations to include: dispatch, field services, monitoring Operator performance and work. As a Supervisor, supervises Coach and Van Operators. The assignment of specific essential functions to Supervisors will vary according to areas of individual expertise, shift rotation and Agency needs
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Transit practices;
- Operator scheduling practices;
- Equipment malfunctions and related repair methods;
- Accident investigation practices;
- Infectious material disposal.
- Monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Preparing reports;
- Maintaining logs and records;
- Using applicable hand tools;
- Preparing schedules and routes;
- Providing customer service;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsement.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree in a related field and four years of experience as a transit operator; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.