Department/DivisionAdministrative Services / Information Systems
Supervision Received FromInformation Systems Supervisor
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, supporting and troubleshooting network systems infrastructure. Additionally, this position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the IP video surveillance (camera) system across the enterprise. This position ensures the optimization of system availability, functionality, security and performance. Other responsibilities include locating and resolving technical issues within applications and programs, communicating with users, staff and outside vendors; and preparing and providing training and documentation for end users.
Performs a wide range of professional information systems activities ranging from major system installations, troubleshooting hardware and software to monitoring network performance, ensuring security, and ensuring network optimization. As an Analyst, coordinates services between the Information Systems division and other divisions/departments. The assignment of specific essential functions to Analysts will vary according to areas of individual expertise and Agency needs.
- Most / all the following: TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Network performance and reliability principles;
- Cisco IOS and advanced level knowledge on firewall configuration and deployments.
- Routing protocols
- Advanced networking principles and concept.
- Telephony principles and practices.
- Operation and troubleshooting networks;
- Microsoft certification;
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, drawing conclusions, and making appropriate recommendations;
- Installing and maintaining a variety of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment;
- Administering database servers;
- Operating computers and related software applications;
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, network, and peripheral problems;
- Providing customer service;
- Written and oral communications;
- Preparing reports;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Washington Driver's License or the ability to respond in a timely manner to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis. One or more of the following is preferred:
- CISCO CCNA Certification;
- Microsoft Certification;
- VMware Certification;
- Other industry recognized certifications.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. This position requires frequent use of a lift to access equipment that is mounted to roofs and other high surfaces in excess of 15 feet (Fall Protection training is required and provided by the agency). Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, workspace restrictions, and travel. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Training and Experience:
Associate’s Degree and four years of progressively responsible network administration experience;
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting of medium/large scale networks and IT infrastructure environments is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.