Department/DivisionOperations / Dial-A-Lift
Supervision Received FromDial-A-Lift Manager
Coordinates and performs activities related to the travel-training program. Responsibilities include serving as the travel trainer for the Agency; serving as the liaison for the coordination of transportation between agencies; assisting with the certification and processing of clients eligible for services based on the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Agency’s Dial-A-Lift (DAL) policy.
Coordinates and maintains a program to educate and train groups and individuals including seniors, special needs, students, commuters using buses, link light rail and commuter rail. Performs evaluation and functional assessment of potential DAL client’s mobility and cognitive abilities related to transit services.
- Travel training methods and practices;
- Instructional planning methods;
- Program coordination methods;
- Customer service principles;
- Transit systems;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Providing customer service;
- Instructing a wide variety of training classes;
- Coordinating training programs;
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence and materials;
- Conducting community outreach;
- Speaking in public;
- Preparing training materials;
- Designing and implementing travel plans;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be subjected to travel.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree and three years of related Dial-A-Lift or transportation experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.