Supervision Received FromOperations Deputy Director
Under general direction, plans, develops, coordinates, promotes and conducts training for Operations Department employees and other employees as assigned.
Performs specialized activities in support of the Operations Department. Performs specialized and specific activities requiring knowledge of transportation programs.
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations regarding motor vehicles and public transportation;
- Transit practices;
- Intercity Transit routes and systems;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Mathematical concepts.
- Classroom presentation;
- Facilitating meetings;
- Managing projects;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting regulations;
- Making fair evaluations;
- Safe operation of all vehicles;
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
- Oral and written communication; research and preparing reports and business correspondence;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Work independently under limited supervision.
- Valid WA State Class B CDL with passenger endorsement and air-brake restriction removed;
- Valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, driving, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
- Two years’ Intercity Transit bus driving experience;
- No written disciplinary action within the last two years;
- No preventable accidents in the last three years;
- No more than one moving violation and no citable accidents within the last five years;
- Ability to work varied shifts and days with overtime as required.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.