Provides staff assistance and a variety of administrative duties in support of the Operations Department.
Performs specialized administrative activities in support of the Operations Department. As an Assistant, primarily performs duties of a support nature for the Dial-A-Lift (DAL) divisions requiring knowledge of the department. Work is performed within general parameters.
- Customer service principles;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Basic filing and recordkeeping principles;
- Basic mathematical concepts;
- Word processing methods;
- Records management practices;
- Travel planning practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- English language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Performing routine mathematical calculations;
- Providing customer service;
- Performing multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Using modern office equipment;
- Reading and interpreting documents;
- Analyzing data and comparing various sources of information;
- Processing and maintaining a variety of records;
- Preparing a variety of reports and other related written correspondence and materials;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree and three years of increasingly responsible administrative support experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.