Working within the Agency’s Marketing,Communications & Outreach Division, the Bicycle Commuter Contest (BCC) Assistant coordinates the implementation of the Annual Bicycle Commuter Contest and its related events. The Bicycle Commuter Contest is a month-long Thurston County event encouraging bicycle commuting and awareness of transportation alternatives. The BCC Assistant administers and assists the Division in marketing, communications, outreach support and volunteer supervision for this annual event. This is a regular recurring position and is filled from approximately January to July of each year.
Performs specialized activities related to marketing and communications and outreach program activities for the Annual Bicycle Commuter Contest event. Prepares and implements promotions to raise awareness and use of bicycle commuting.
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Bicycle commuting and related equipment;
- Marketing practices;
- Collaboration and team building practices;
- Effective communications practices;
- Promotional material development methods.
- Initiating and maintaining contacts within the interested communities and industry;
- Preparing and distributing promotional materials;
- Drafting press releases and event materials;
- Public Speaking;
- Establishing and abiding by project timelines;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. This job may require use of a bicycle at scheduled events.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree and one year of marketing and communication and transportation experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Personal experiences with bicycle commuting and knowledge of skills and equipment needed to commute by bicycle.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.