Department/DivisionOperations / Vanpool
Supervision Received FromVanpool Manager
Coordinates activities related to the administration and daily operation of the vanpool fleet, rideshare and Community Van services and rideshare services; coordinates and supports vanpool participants by developing and providing program information, giving presentations, and planning/implementing promotional documents and/or events.
Performs specialized activities related to the vanpool and rideshare programs. As a Coordinator, performs specialized and specific activities requiring knowledge of transportation programs. Carries out program goals and objectives in accordance with established agency policies and procedures.
- Applicable vanpool program procedures and practices;
- Customer service principles;
- Presentation methods;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Conflict resolution tactics.
- Speaking in public;
- Developing training materials, instruction and presentation methods;
- Managing conflict;
- Coordinating program activities;
- Providing customer service;
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence and reports;
- Facilitating training sessions;
- Monitoring and coordinating volunteers;
- Operating a variety of media and office equipment; Microsoft Office;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Washington Driver’s License.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, reaching, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree and three years of related program or transportation experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.