Under general direction, plans, develops, organizes, promotes, implements agency-sponsored technical and professional-level training programs. Coordinates and evaluates internal training staff and external consultants. Serves as an Agency expert on uses of training to achieve organization and employee career development goals. Assists in the development and implementation of the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) and monitors the plan’s progress.
This position has oversight of all aspects of agency training and training programs that is consistent with both agency goals and regulatory requirements, including conducting skills assessment, developing strategic training plan, overseeing contract trainers, and conducting specific trainings, including safety trainings. This person will work collaboratively with directors, managers, and department trainers to identify training needs and to address performance issues. Advises employees at all levels about professional development and continuing education. In addition to ensure compliance with PTASP requirements.
- Project administration and management principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Report writing methods and techniques;
- Collaboration and team building practices;
- Principles and techniques of modern adult education programs, and classroom techniques;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- English language, grammar, and punctuation;
- Mathematical concepts.
- Experience conducting training and making presentations to wide and varied audiences.
- Performance management (coaching, counseling, development, performance improvement planning).
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Project management skills.
Valid WA State Class B CDL with passenger endorsement and air-brake restriction removed and valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or a related field and four years of experience in training activities, with two years’ experience in curriculum development for job training or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.