Department/DivisionAdministrative Services / Information Systems
Supervision Received FromInformation Systems Manager, Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Responsible for the support, installation, and maintenance of desktop systems, printers and other equipment. Other responsibilities include locating and resolving perceived problems in applications, communicating with users, and providing training and documentation for end users.
As a Technician, coordinates services between the Information Systems division and other divisions/departments. May perform mid-level technical tasks under the close lead of an Information Systems Analyst or the supervision of the Information Systems Manager. Position duties include providing high volume customer services support.
- System performance and reliability principles;
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Microsoft Visio;
- Applicable operating systems;
- Applicable hardware devices and drivers.
- Installing and maintaining a variety of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment;
- Operating computers and related software applications;
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to provide exceptional customer service, exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Troubleshooting and resolving minor hardware, software and peripheral equipment issues;
- Organizational and task management;
- Records management (for purposes of inventory),
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
WA State Drivers License or the ability to respond in a timely manner to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, workspace restrictions, and travel.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Training and Experience:
Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.