Department/DivisionAdministrative Services / Information Systems
Supervision Received FromInformation Systems Manager, Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Under general supervision, follows established procedures to perform routine technical tasks such as testing, installing, maintaining, supporting and/or averting hardware/software system failures on client applications, hardware and software products, network infrastructure equipment, or telecommunications software or hardware
This is an entry level position providing tier 1 end user hardware and software support for agency staff. The primary focus of this position is to staff the agency help desk, answering phones, conducting initial triage of customer requests for technical help and responding to customers with solutions or appropriate next steps. On occasion, this position may perform mid-level technical tasks under the close supervision of an Information Systems Analyst or the supervision of the Information Systems Manager. Technician must have a working knowledge of computer systems and be able to complete routine tasks independently. Complex problems/issues are referred to a higher level for resolution.
- System performance and reliability principles;
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Microsoft Visio;
- Applicable operating systems;
- Applicable hardware devices and drivers.
- Installing and maintaining a variety of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment;
- Operating computers and related software applications;
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to provide exceptional customer service, exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Troubleshooting and resolving minor hardware, software and peripheral equipment issues;
- Organizational and task management,
- Records management (for purposes of inventory);
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
The ability to respond in a timely manner to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis.
Must submit to criminal background check the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, workspace restrictions, and travel.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Training and Experience:
Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) OR two-year technical certificate OR two years experience performing help desk support in an enterprise environment.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.