Department/DivisionOperations / Customer Service
Supervision Received FromCustomer Services Manager
Supervises the daily activities of Customer Service. Technical responsibilities also include customer service support, scheduling, public outreach and education.
Supervises Customer Service operations. Program activities are of a professional level and require knowledge of protocols, technology, and policies pertaining to Customer Service operations
- Supervisory principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Customer Service principles and protocol;
- Transit practices;
- Cash handling practices and controls
- Monitoring and evaluating subordinate staff;
- Preparing reports;
- Maintaining logs and records;
- Providing exemplary customer service;
- Facilitating training sessions;
- Dealing with difficult customers and de-escalation;
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence and reports;
- Preparing and giving presentations;
- Reading maps;
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor and the public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Must submit to criminal background check, the results of which must meet hiring criteria for the role.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, driving, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree in a related field and four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.